Sunday 22 January 2012

I See a Soul - Mico


This Sunday's Medi-Track comes from Mieko Shimizu or ‘Mico’ a London based Japanese composer, singer and producer.  Her track 'I See a Soul' is chilled and instantly distinctive with sumptuous symphonic sounds and glitchy electronics.  For me the video brings out the artistic inspiration and beauty in the track. As the animation constantly moves and collides, it makes you see and experience something new and dynamic each time you watch.  It's literally like listening to (and sneaking a peep on) the soundtrack to someone's soul, which is quite an exhilarating experience.

Her forthcoming album, 'My Tentacles' is due for release any time now, and based on this little GORGE track, I reckon will be a right, little, TREAT.




No comments:

Post a Comment