Tuesday 27 March 2012

Madonna - MDNA Review

L.U.V MADONNA


The time has eventually come where I get the chance to review the 12th studio album from the undisputed Queen of pop.  Teaming up again with the genius that is William Orbit, Madge has yet again reinvented herself and her sound.

For me there are three faces to this album, not all faces totally mould completely, but this bring variety and that what makes 'MDNA' different.  It contains the subdued and meaningful tracks, then there are the collaboration 'street' elements, followed by the Orbit inspired electric dance.  

I have now been listening to the Deluxe version for the last 24 hours. I am coming to the conclusion that there is a bit of everything in 'MDNA' and I am happy to report that she has kept some of her typical trends that will ensure hard core fans are punching with GLORY. It is definitely a grower, so keep listening, here are the tracks that stand out for me.

Firstly, 'I Fucked Up', a slow track, with lyrics that 'everyone' will relate to!  



Next 'Turn up the Radio' it has the Orbit touch, you can hear influences from 'Ray of Light' here and Madonna's vocals sound allot lighter in this track, making it a fresher track then the others.



Thirdly is 'Gang Bang' and with lyrics like:

'BANG BANG SHOT YOU DEAD, SHOT MY LOVER IN THE HEAD'

I'm In !



Probably my favourite is 'Girl Gone Wild', as this is what she does BEST (brings back Confessions memories).  For all your remixers out there you are going to love this one !



Pop Blimp Parent Advisory Notice - With the deluxe, parental guidance is advisory - As I am not a parent the only guidance I can give is - FUCK IT and LISTEN !

No comments:

Post a Comment